21st Philippine Coalition Against Tuberculosis Annual Convention
is always a pleasure to invite you to the 21st Annual
Convention of the Philippine Coalition Against Tuberculosis
This year's convention theme, "Firming Up TB Control!
Interweaving Dogmas and Practices” attempts to present
tuberculosis (TB) from the clinical and non-clinical perspective
for the holistic care of the TB patient. The convention
will take off tackling the socioeconomic aspect of disease.
On center stage is diagnosing and treating TB in vilnerable
groups and in patients with common co-morbid medical conditions.
Novel strategies in improving diagnostic turnaround times
and treatment adherence will also be presented both in
programmatic and non-programmatic setting. Destigmatizing
TB in the community will be highlighted using traditional
and non-traditional approaches.
Hopefully, the convention will provide valuable inputs
not only to clinicians but also TB program implementers,
advocates, community organizers and local executives to
improve current practices, cognizant of recent policies
and standards to effectively achieve post-MDG milestones.
I enjoin everyone to take advantage of this convention
as an opportunity for learning and meaningful interactions
with experts and colleagues.
We hope to see you there!
Lalaine L. Mortera, MD, FPCP, FPCCP
1. Achieving the MDGs of TB Control: Moving Beyond 2015
2. Drug Resistance Surveillance on TB
3. TB DOTS: Strengths and Continuing Challenges
4. Tobacco and TB: Links & Best Options
5. Working Ways in Managing Childhood TB
6. Novel Diagnostics: Applicability Now and Beyond
7. Maximizing Preventive Measures to Limit Spread
8. Effective "Apps" on Treating TB
9. TB Post-Disaster and Calamities
10. Active and Latent TB in the Vulnerable Groups
11. Thinking Outside the Box in the MOP Implementation
12. MDRTB Diagnostics and Treatment
13. Addressing the Stigma and Misconceptions
14. Rapid Fire with the Experts: Dillemmas and Difficulties
in Handling TB
Trainees (Residents/Fellows): P1,700
For Details Call: